This makes so much sense, that it is hard to believe there is any opposition to this.
Foolish talk about how we cannot cut anything in the military budget won’t help smart decisions to get made.
It’s also funny how the opposition keeps telling us that government doesn’t make jobs, but if we cut military spending, Massachusetts will lose jobs. Does the sitting Senator not know that the government runs the military?
I am going to have to look up which committee a Senator of 2 years seniority is the ranking member as Scott Brown claims he is. His Senate web pages list 4 committees for Senator Brown:
- Senate Committee on Armed Services – Ranking Member John McCain
- The Committee on Veterans’ Affairs – Ranking Member Richard Burr
- The Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee – Ranking Member Susan Collins
- The Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship – Ranking Member Olympia Snowe
www.govtrack.us does list some subcommittees on which Senator Brown is the ranking member.
- Senate Committee on Armed Services – Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Airland
- Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs -Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Federal Financial Management, Government Information, Federal Services, and International Security