The Real News Network has a new show called Reality Asserts Itself. Each “episode” so far has been a multi-part interview with a particular person. I was trying to come up with an adjective to describe the type of person being interviewed based on a sample size of 2. I guess, radical thinker is the best I can do.
The show starts out with a 7 part interview with Chris Hedges. Chris Hedges is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, a former long-time New York Times reporter, who has been black-balled by the mainstream media because of his insistence on telling the truth.
Here are the seven parts.
- Chris Hedges: Urban Poverty in America Made Me Question Everything – Pt 1 of 7
- Hedges: Journalism Should Be About Truth, Not Career – Pt 2 of 7
- Hedges: We Must Grasp Reality to Build Effective Resistance – Pt 3 of 7
- Chris Hedges: “America is a Tinderbox” – Pt 4 of 7
- Chris Hedges: The Liberal Elite has Betrayed the People They Claim to Defend – Pt 5 of 7
- Chris Hedges: As a Socialist, I Have No Voice in the Mainstream – Pt 6 of 7
- Chris Hedges Answers Questions from Viewers
The issue that runs throughout these parts is “what is it going to take to rest control of this country from the corporate tyranny that is now in control so that we can save this country and the world?” It’s not a pretty picture that Chris Hedges paints, and he realizes it. However, he feels that he is only being truthful. To give you a hint, the solution will be something like the occupy movement, except that it will work. He talks about some of the elements that will finally make it work.