YouTube has the video Global Capitalism: The Economics of Taxing Wealth [November 2019] by Richard Wolff.
In connection with Wolff’s discussion of the main topic above, he will also cover the following issues at the November 13, 2019, event:
– Current wealth tax proposals by Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren
– How US already taxes wealth (of some, not others}
– How other countries tax wealth
– How US enables/allows wealth to escape taxes
– Redistributing wealth: pros and cons
– The protest movements in Chile, Lebanon and beyond and how they differ from those in Hong Kong
– The overdue critique of “libertarian” capitalism
This is a fantastic lecture. Listen to it as long as you can. If you have the fortitude to stay for the whole thing, it might change your world view. If you want to focus on the economics of taxing wealth, it probably takes him about 30 minutes to even get to that subject. You can always use the slider to jump to the part you want to hear.
Although I have been listening to Richard Wolff for a few years now, this may be one of his best lectures. It really is too bad that there aren’t enough people who have the time to listen to this.