From Lowering the Bar whose motto is “Legal humor. Seriously.” comes the article For Christmas, Your Government Will Explain Why It’s Legal to Kill You.
- The government dropped a bomb on a U.S. citizen,
- who, though a total dick and probably a criminal, may have been engaged only in propaganda,
- which, though despicable, is generally protected by the First Amendment;
- it did so without a trial or even an indictment (that we know of),
- based at least in part on evidence it says it has but won’t show anyone,
- and on a legal argument it has apparently made but won’t show anyone,
- and the very existence of which it will not confirm or deny;
- although don’t worry, because the C.I.A. would never kill an American without having somebody do a memo first;
- and this is the “most transparent administration ever”;
- currently run by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.
Thanks again to RogerG for posting this item on his Facebook page.