I thought the above is a better title than The Herald News of Fall River, MA used, Senate candidate with Salem ties plans her election year.
I found the following quote in the article about Marisa DeFranco who is running against Elizabeth Warren for the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senator from Massachusetts.
DeFranco also took issue with some of the tough talk Warren had delivered about her stance toward Iran.
“I have clients, through my law practice, in Iran,” DeFranco said. “I have an on-the-ground perspective on what’s happening there. When Elizabeth Warren says that ‘nothing is off the table’ when it comes to dealing with Iran, to be blunt I think that’s reckless and ignorant. Saber rattling does nothing to help the situation there. Any action we took would have civilian casualties, and we couldn’t have a limited engagement because of Iran’s ties with Russia and China. There has to be a better way to deal with countries with whom we have serious problems in the 21st century.”
I may be one of the few other people in Massachusetts that finds her statements about Iran to be more sensible than those of Elizabeth Warren (or Scott Brown for that matter). It may not win her votes in Massachusetts. However, I don’t want a tough talking Senator who will help get us into a war with Iran to satisfy the oil companies’ need to control Iranian oil. I want a Senator that can calmly assess the situation and deal diplomatically with Iran.
The current administration of our country had to bribe the head of the U.N. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) to reinterpret the agency’s data to make the case that Iran’s nuclear program is a threat.
Even our own CIA knows that there is no current or imminent threat of nuclear weapons in Iran. Yet, knowing this, President Obama keeps rattling sabers and pressing for sanctions against Iran. I am waiting for Obama to quote the immortal words of Condoleezza Rice, “But we don’t want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.”
If you use the search box above to search this blog on the topic of Iran, here are a few of the items you will find.
- Seymour Hersh: Despite Intelligence Rejecting Iran as Nuclear Threat, U.S. Could Be Headed for Iraq Redux
- IAEA Iran Report Spins Intelligence
- Seymour Hersh: Propaganda Used Ahead of Iraq War Is Now Being Reused over Iran’s Nuke Program
- Propaganda Driven Hysteria Over Iranian Nuke Program
- Is Obama Fulfilling the Neocon Dream of Mass Regime Change in Muslim World?
- Obama: No options off table on Iran
- Fake Withdrawal? ‘US won’t leave Iraq oil to Iran’
- Crackpot Anti-Islam Activists, “Serial Fabricators” and the Tale of Iran and 9/11