Jacobin Magazine has the article A Cross-Atlantic Plan to Break Capital’s Control.
Bernie Sanders’s plan for worker-owned funds isn’t just notable because it could lead us toward a democratized, sustainable, socialist economy. It’s also the product of a growing collaboration between the Left in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Time to again raise the idea of the Social Security Trust Fund being able to buy corporate stocks. Replace some of those special federal bonds with collective stock ownership – one form of sovereign wealth fund.
On this blog, I have been touting this change to Social Security for a long time. Here are some examples of previous posts.
- Saving Social Security: A Better Approach – November 16, 2013
- Rep. DeFazio’s Bill To Improve the Solvency of the Social Security Program – November 4, 2013
- A Solution To The Social Security Crisis From An MIT Team – October 25, 2013
- Social Security Privatization, All The Risks, None Of The Benefits – November 26, 2008
- Author’s Response to Social Insecurity – Investment Rules Need Rethinking – March 17, 2010
- Social Insecurity – Investment Rules Need Rethinking – March 17, 2010
- Government Pension Fund of Norway – June 3, 2019